British East Asian Plays Paperback / softback
Edited by Cheryl Robson, Amanda Rogers, Ashley Thorpe
* First collection of full-length plays from British East Asian playwrights* Ideal for schools, colleges and theatre companies * In association with a conference at Tara Theatre and Goldsmiths University in Spring 2018 A landmark collection of contemporary full-length plays by British East Asian writers.
Exploring subjects such as cultural identity, the fragmentation of communities, tradition, invisibility and discrimination, these plays are ideal to perform. With an introduction by academics Dr Amanda Rogers and Dr Ashley Thorpe, which sets the plays into context and explores the hidden history of theatre from the BEA community.
BOUND FEET BLUES by Yang-May Ooi THE LAST DAYS OF LIMEHOUSE by Jeremy TiangJAMAICA BOY by Stephen HooCONVERSATIONS WITH MY UNKNOWN MOTHER by Lucy Chau Lai-TuenSPECIAL OCCASIONS by Amy NgTANGO by Joel TanTHE FU MANCHU COMPLEX by Daniel York Loh
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 328 pages
- Publisher: Aurora Metro Publications
- Publication Date: 24/04/2018
- Category: Plays, playscripts
- ISBN: 9781912430086