The Bloomsbury Reader in the Study of Myth PDF
Click here to see our help pages on reading this eBook on your chosen device. Please note that this eBook is incompatible with Kindle eReaders. Don't forget you'll need Adobe Digital Editions, if you don't already have it.
What is myth? Why do myths exist? What do myths do? Where are myths going?
This reader is organized into 4 parts which explore these questions. Drawing on over 10 years of experience teaching myth in religious studies and anthropology departments in the UK, USA and Continental Europe the editors have brought together key works in the theory of myth. Key features include:
- a general introduction to the reader that outlines a comparative and interpretative framework
- an introduction contextualizing each part and sub-section
- an introduction to each reading by the editors
- a companion website that provides discussion questions and further reading suggestions, including primary sources.
From functionalism to feminism, nationalism to globalization, and psychoanalysis to spatial analysis, this reader covers the classic and contemporary theories and approaches needed to understand what myth is, why myths exist, what they do, and what the future holds for them.
- Format: PDF
- Pages: 320 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
- Publication Date: 22/08/2019
- Category: Religion & beliefs
- ISBN: 9781350082267