Building the Post-War World Paperback / softback
Building the Post-war World examines the way in which World War II and the ten years of reconstruction that followed saw the establishment of modern architecture in Britain.
It charts the opportunities created by post-war rebuilding showing how the spirit of innovation and experimentation necessary to winning the war found applications in reconstruction.
Above all it shows how hopes for a new and better world became linked to the fortunes of new architecture.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 302 pages, 100 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 28/11/2002
- Category: City & town planning - architectural aspects
- ISBN: 9780415221795