Pig Keeping : Inspiration and practical advice for would-be smallholders Hardback
* A fascinating and practical guide to the pig breeds of Britian. * Covers rare and traditional breeds - from the Tamworth to the Gloucestershire Old Spot as well as imported breeds such as the Vietnamese Pot Belly. * Packed with practical information on rearing pigs for meat and for breeding.
Includes expert advice on feeding, providing shelter and mating - right through to selling the meat and raising piglets.
Whether you would like a British Lop to breed and raise pedigree piglets, or perhaps a Berkshire for delicious sausages, this book will help you to pick the right pig for you.
Guiding you through every stage of the pig keeping process - from choosing livestock to finding a partner for your sow - this book covers everything you need to know about keeping, breeding, eating and selling pigs.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 96 pages, 25 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 06/05/2010
- Category: Animal husbandry
- ISBN: 9781905400867