Sheep Keeping : Inspiration and practical advice for would-be smallholders Hardback
* A fascinating and practical guide to the sheep breeds of Britain. * Covers the hill, lowland, downland, primitive and commercial breeds - from the Beulah Speckled Face to the Friesland. * Expert advice on every aspect of keeping sheep, from sheltering, grazing and feeding, right through to lambing time.
Britain has a wonderful tradition of keeping sheep, from the Badger Face Welsh Mountain sheep and the Norfolk Horn to the Oxford Down and the Scottish Greyface.
Whatever land you have available, this book will help you to choose the right sheep for you.
Whether you want to breed lustrous Soay sheep wool or delicious Herdwick lamb, every stage of the sheep keeping process is covered here.
Learn how to choose livestock, graze your animals, cope with lambing time and sell your lambs - everything you need to know is covered here.
- Format: Hardback
- Pages: 96 pages, 25 colour illustrations
- Publisher: Pavilion Books
- Publication Date: 17/05/2010
- Category: Animal husbandry
- ISBN: 9781905400874