Criticism and Truth Paperback / softback
Part of the Classic Criticism S. series
Roland Barthes (1915-1980) was a major French writer, literary theorist and critic of French culture and society.
His classic works include "Mythologies" and "Camera Lucida". "Criticism and Truth" is a brilliant discussion of the language of literary criticism and a key work in the Barthes canon.
It is a cultural, linguistic and intellectual challenge to those who believe in the clarity, flexibility and neutrality of language, couched in Barthes' own inimitable and provocative style.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 84 pages, black & white illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 22/02/2007
- Category: Literary theory
- ISBN: 9780826494740