Positive Body Image in the Early Years : A Practical Guide Paperback / softback
Promote positive body image, build self-esteem and tackle body confidence issues in young children with this practical guide. Over a quarter of childcare professionals have seen body confidence issues in children aged 3-5 years old.
This book explains how body image develops, highlights the warning signs of body dissatisfaction in children and provides guidance for early years practitioners on how to safeguard positive body image by building self-esteem and resilience.
It also provides practical guidance and ideas for supporting healthy habits in children and creating bias-free settings.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 112 pages, Two b&w figures
- Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Publication Date: 21/06/2019
- Category: Educational strategies & policy
- ISBN: 9781785924590