Promised Lands: Cinema, Geography, Modernism Paperback / softback
by Sam Rohdie
An attempt to locate cinema alongside philosophy, painting, geography and travel in terms of a history of modernism.
The book focuses on a collection of geographical and ethnographic films and photographs amassed by banker Albert Kahn, in the 1900s - arguably an instance of French modernism.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 220 pages, colour illustrations
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Publication Date: 01/05/2001
- Category: Film theory & criticism
- ISBN: 9780851708539