Elementary Introduction to the Lebesgue Integral Paperback / softback
Part of the Textbooks in Mathematics series
It is important and useful to have a text on the Lebesgue theory that is accessible to bright undergraduates. This is such a text. Going back to the days of Isaac Newton and Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, and even to Newton's teacher Isaac Barrow, the integral has been a mainstay of mathematical analysis.
The integral is a device for amalgamating information.
It is a powerful and irreplaceable tool. The text concentrates on the real line. The student will be familiar with the real numbers and will be comfortable internalizing the new ideas of measure theory in that context.
In addition to having copious examples and numerous figures, this book includes a Table of Notation and a Glossary.
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 184 pages, 3 Tables, black and white; 17 Illustrations, black and white
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 17/04/2018
- Category: Calculus & mathematical analysis
- ISBN: 9781138482760