E-literature for Children : Enhancing Digital Literacy Learning Paperback / softback
As ICT continues to grow as a key resource in the classroom, this book helps students and teachers to get the best out of e-literature, with practical ideas for work schemes for children at all levels. Len Unsworth draws together functional analyses of language and images and applies them to real-life classroom learning environments, developing pupils' understanding of `text'.
The main themes include:What kinds of literary narratives can be accessed electronically?How can language, pictures, sound and hypertext be analysed to highlight the story?How can digital technology enhance literary experiences through web-based 'book talk' and interaction with publishers' websites?How do computer games influence the reader/ player role in relation to how we understand stories?
- Format: Paperback / softback
- Pages: 192 pages, 2 Line drawings, black and white; 19 Halftones, black and white; 8 Tables, black and whit
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Publication Date: 01/02/2005
- Category: Society & social sciences
- ISBN: 9780415333306